Memory Care (The Garden)
The Garden is our memory care community and supports individuals with memory loss, Alzheimer’s Disease, and other dementias. Residents are encouraged to participate in daily activities according to their individual abilities. Our employees receive specialized training on how to provide personal support services that are designed to promote self esteem, in a non-threatening environment.
It is the Philosophy of Harvest Homes to provide each of our residents with a supportive, homelike environment. We dedicate ourselves to serving residents who have Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia with compassion and respect in a comfortable and safe environment. We strive to create a structured, yet quiet, low stimulus environment, where each person can function at his/her highest capacity, within each individual’s limitation.
Families can find comfort in knowing that their loved one is living in a secure environment. Through positive reinforcement while assisting our residents in completing the basic functions of everyday living, we are able to enhance each residents esteem and quality of life.
Our Memory Care Community Features:
- Secured living area with convenient access to covered deck and fenced courtyard
- Three nutritionally balanced home-style meals served daily in our dining room
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services
- Social and recreational opportunities
- Oversight and monitoring of health status
- Transportation arrangements
- Assistance with activities of Daily Living*
- Staff receives specialized training in Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias
- Must be free from a lifetime of assaultive and/or aggressive behavior, including hitting and verbal abuse
- A physician’s diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease or another type of dementia is required.
- Residents need to be ambulatory with the use of a cane, walker, or wheelchair, and be able to bear weight to transfer with one person assist.
*Activities of Daily Living include showering, dressing, grooming, toiling, medication management, etc.